Swansea University's Academy of Learning and Teaching
An established pedagogic community, supporting pedagogic research and enabling developmental teaching excellence.
Access the SALT web pages on the Staff Intranet by following this link
(You will need to be logged into your Swansea University account)
SALT works with members of academic staff to reinforce and enhance their teaching, their assessing and their students’ learning. Each school within the University has its own dedicated SALT Lead working as a two-way link, responsible for communication and underpinning SALT initiatives.
Our work includes:
- Teacher recognition and awards
- Supporting teaching staff in their use of technology to enhance learning and teaching
- Regular teaching orientated Continuing Professional Development opportunities and a wide range of self-directed resources
- Advice and guidance on accessible and inclusive teaching
- Annual Learning and Teaching Conference
- Delivering and supporting the PGCert tHE, for teaching staff (accredited by Advance HE)
- Recognition of staff commitment to learning and teaching through our structured and accredited HEA Fellowship programme